Habitat for Humanity Build Site Orientation
Habitat for Humanity PEI would like you to be fully prepared on the work site. Please review the following important information pertaining to you and your work on the construction site.
(You will also be required to participate in an on-site orientation and safety briefing at the beginning of your build shift.)
- Work sites are generally open Monday through Saturday during build season. (Consult the corresponding Build Schedule for available dates.) Unless otherwise specified, work on each site begins at 8:30 AM and ends at 5:00 PM, with a half-hour break for lunch (12:30-1:00).
- Hard hats will be provided. Please bring your own hammer, tool belt, work boots, or work gloves. Some of each of these will be available on site on a first come, first served basis.
- Please dress appropriately for both the nature of the work as well as the weather. We recommend that you wear clothes that you don't mind tearing or staining, a hat and sunscreen. Jeans and a t-shirt are recommended volunteer attire. Work boots (steel-toed) are mandatory and some are available on-site on a first come, first served basis if you do not have your own. It is recommended that you leave valuables like purses, watches and jewelry at home or locked in the trunk of your car.
- Work on Habitat for Humanity construction sites goes on rain or shine. If the weather is bad, the work will move indoors and will continue as scheduled. Feel free to bring a rain coat. In the event of extreme weather, contact 367-3041 for information regarding possible cancellations.
- Habitat for Humanity will provide water, snacks, a lunch time meal, toilets, construction materials and work supervision. Volunteers must provide their own transportation.
- Habitat for Humanity is a drug and alcohol free work environment. Possession, use or distribution of controlled substances or alcohol is prohibited on any work site and in connection with any other Habitat for Humanity program.
- It is important that our volunteers are able to hear what's going on around them. Please do not bring any radios/CD players, or headsets of any kind (including iPods). They will not be allowed on the work site.
If you are logged in to the system, your name should appear below. Once you have read the information on this page,
please check the box indicating that you have reviewed the information.